Text based guide
- Once logged on to the computer, open your preferred web browser and navigate to panopto.dmu.ac.uk.
2. Ensure that ‘DMU Replay’ is displayed next to ‘Sign in using’ and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
3. Log in using your usual Blackboard log in details.
4. Locate the recording that you wish to edit and click the Edit icon.
5. The editor view will now open in the web browser.
6. To trim the beginning and end of the recording use the beige handles that appear at the beginning and end of the timeline by dragging them in with the mouse.
7. To remove a section from the middle of the recording: first click on the Scissors icon, then move the mouse onto the timeline and click at the approximate point where you need the edit to begin.
8. Move the mouse to the right and click the approximate point where you need the edit to finish. There will now be a new pair of handles for you to work with in order to remove the section that appears between the new handles.
9. To edit the Events that Panopto has created during the recording or to add events, in the Editor view, click the Events tab.
10. As the mouse is moved over an event a Delete button and an Edit button become available: to delete an Event, click the Delete button, to Edit and Event, click the Edit button.
11. Use the Edit Event window to edit the Time, Caption, Searchable Metadata and Url options. Once changes have been made to the Event, click the OK button, or click on Delete Event to remove it.
12. To add a new Event, click the Add a new event button.
13. The timeline will now be shaded green, click the mouse at the point on the timeline where you need the new Event to appear.
14. As above, use the Edit Event window to make changes and click the OK button when these are complete.
15. To Edit or Delete streams click on the Streams tab: this will display a list of the streams that were recorded. Clicking Edit will open the Edit Stream properties window. Clicking Delete will remove an entire stream from the recording – this removal is permanent.
16. By recording all streams as ‘Secondary Capture Devices’ we are able to edit and/or remove visual streams without interrupting the audio.
17. The remaining ‘Slides’, ‘Edits’ and ‘Captions’ tabs can be used to see an alternative view of the slides that have been recorded or the edits that have been made using the timeline.
18. Once all of the edits have been made, click the Save button. The recording will re-encode and be temporarily unavailable for viewing whilst the edits are applied.