1. In your Blackboard module shell, navigate to a content area where you want to add a Turnitin assignment submission link, and using the Assessments button, select Turnitin Assignment
2. When the Turnitin application opens, select Paper Assignment and click Next Step
3. Give the assignment a title and point value.
Start date – this is when the submission link becomes visible to students in the Blackboard module shell)
Due date – the submission due date
Post date – is the date when student identities are revealed to the tutor (i.e. anonymity is switched off) and grades are released to the students
4. Open the Optional Settings window by clicking the plus (+) sign, and set the options as necessary.
5. Within the Optional Settings, navigate to Generate Originality Report for student submissions (drop down) and select Immediately (can overwrite reports until due date).
Using this option, Originality Reports for a student’s initial submission will be generated immediately (i.e. as soon as a student submits). Students can choose to resubmit their papers and receive Originality Reports as many times as they like until the assignment’s due date.
Note: Previous versions of submitted assignments are not saved and are replaced with the current submission. Please note that although reports for the first submission are generated immediately, reports for subsequent submissions are delayed for 24 hours.
6. When completed click Submit
A Turnitin submission link will be created on your Blackboard page. This is the link that students click in order to submit their work.