Contact your Faculty ELT Project Officer (ELT PO)
Heather Conboy : Faculty of Art, Design and Humanities – ELT PO
Richard Vallance : Faculty of Business and Law – ELT PO
Rob Weale : Faculty of Health and Life Sciences – ELT PO
Ian Pettit : Faculty of Technology – ELT PO
Please note that for all academic/curriculum queries relating to Blackboard or Technology-Enhanced Learning you should contact your Faculty ELT PO
Yes, when students login to Blackboard 9 they should be able to view a ‘User Guide’ tab which is specific help for students. As a member of staff you should be able to view a ‘Staff Guide’ tab with specific help on Blackboard.
It is university policy that Module Teams are responsible for inducting their students on the use of Blackboard for teaching and learning in a module. It is desirable that, at the start of a module, a member of the academic staff teaching on the module appraises the students of:
- the existence of a Blackboard site to support delivery of the module, and an outline of the facilities on it
- the purpose of the Blackboard site and how it is linked to/will help to achieve the learning objectives of the module
- a reminder (particularly to First Year [level 4] students) of how they login using their P number and password (initially their date of birth).
Such an induction need not take long and may involve, for example, showing students a screen shot of the homepage of the Blackboard module website and a brief description of the areas that the Module Team has created on it for students to use.
If you think the Blackboard system is malfunctioning you should contact ITMS:
- If it is an urgent issue that is impacting your immdeiate teaching needs or student learning – call ITMS on extension 6050
- Otherwise you can report the issue via the ITMS self-service request portal: https://servicedesk.dmu.ac.uk/Sostenuto/SContacts
Note: for all academic/curriculum queries relating to Blackboard or Enhanced Learning through Technologies you should contact your Faculty ELT PO