Messages are very similar to email, however, messages require that the user be logged into Blackboard in order to send and read messages.
Sending a message
With Edit Mode On:
- Under the Control Panel, on the bottom left side of the page, click on Course Tools and then click on Course Messages.
Note: If you wish to have more than just the two folders, Inbox and Sent, you can click on the Create Folder button to add your own folders/structure.
- If you want to send a new message to someone, click on the Create Message button. (For this tutorial we will select Create Message).
- To select who you will send the message to, click on the To button. Select the user(s) from the list on the left and then click on the right arrow button to add them to the list on the right. Only those on the right will receive your message. (These steps apply for both Cc and Bcc as well).
- Type in a title for the Subject box and then fill out the Body. You may attach a file if you wish by clicking on the Browse… button.
- A copy of this message will be automatically sent to your Sent folder.