The Tasks page organizes tasks, defines task priority, and tracks task status. A user can create tasks and post them to the Tasks page. Each user can post personal tasks to their own page, and Instructors and Managers can post tasks to users participating in their course and organization. Task information is arranged in columns that display the priority, task name, status, and due date.
Creating a Task
With Edit Mode On:
- Under Course Management click on the Course Tools link from the menu on the left side of the page and click on Tasks.
- Click on Create Course Task.
- Type in a Task Name and Description.
- Select the Due Date using the calendar tool.
- Select the Priority from the pull-down list.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button.
Q: Why would I want to use the Tasks tool?
A: You may find that the Tasks tool is a great asset when working on a large course project. It does a great job of separating all the tasks needed to complete a project and you can assign the task to students by listing them in the Description.
Q: Can I add my own personal tasks items?
A: Yes, you can have Blackboard track your personal tasks items as well. However, you do not want to put these into a course.
To add personal tasks items:
- Click on the Home tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the More…link under the module titled My Tasks.
- Click on Create Personal Task.
- Add personal tasks items using the directions above.
Note: These tasks will be seen only by you and not by your class. To view, you must enter the Tasks from the Home tab, which will show all your personal tasks as well as all of your course tasks.