Grade Center allows you to create a new column for whatever you would like. You may add a column for “Extra Credit” or maybe even “Class Participation”.
- Under the Control Panel, on the bottom left side of the page click on Grade Center, Full Grade Center.
- Click on the Create Column button.
- Type in a name for your column. Be sure to select a Primary Display (This is how the item will be displayed in both your Grade Center and the students’ My Grades.) You may also select a Secondary Display that is only visible to the instructor.
- Select a Category for this item. Categories are a very nice feature that allows for easy sorting of various assignments. Categories will make weighted and average columns easier to do. Categories will also make comparing easy with smart views. Type in the Points Possible.
- Select a Due Date if you would like.You may choose to exclude this column from Grade Center calculations if you want to make this column simply to keep a note of some aspect of the course. If this is the case, you may also choose to not show this column to students.
- Click the Submit button.
- Under the Control Panel, on the bottom left side of the page, click on Grade Center, Full Grade Center.
- Scroll through the columns until you find the name of the column that you wish to edit or delete.
- Click on the double down arrow, or chevron, next to the name of the column. Click on either Edit Column Information or Delete Column.
- If you choose to edit the column, fill out all the options and then click the Submit button to save your changes.
- If you choose to delete the column, simply click on the OK button.