If you want to display an object, or document in a face-to-face teaching session you may be familiar with using the document camera, also known as a visualiser, to project an image of the item to the whole class. In a hybrid session in Teams, up until now, it has been quite fiddly to ensure that the document camera is also displayed to remote students. However a feature launched in Teams this week makes it much easier.
Sharing the document camera in Teams
To share whatever is displayed through your document camera to everybody in the class you can share your document camera in Teams in the same way that you might share a PowerPoint or the Teams Whiteboard. Remote students will be able to see it via the Teams meeting screen. By projecting your own view of the Teams meeting to your face-to-face students, they will also see the output from the document camera within the meeting screen.
How to share the camera
- Go to ‘share content’ from the top toolbar.
- Choose content from camera.
- Choose ‘Document’
- Ensure the document camera is selected under camera – use the arrow to select from available cameras.
- Once you are happy that your item is visible select ‘share’
- Your item will be displayed in the Teams meeting window.