This guide provides information that will help you to facilitate students uploading to the DMU Replay system whilst maintaining a level of privacy by default.
The Assignment Folder function provides a space that students can access when either using the DMU Replay recorder software or when uploading videos that may have been recorded using other software and devices for assessment.
What you will need
- An Internet connected PC – to perform these actions you do not need any specialised software, only an Internet connection and a web browser.
1. Once logged on to the computer, open your preferred web browser and navigate to panopto.dmu.ac.uk
2. Click Sign and use your Blackboard credentials to access DMU Replay
In order to log in here you must be an Instructor on a ‘DMU Replay provisioned’ Blackboard shell. DMU Replay provisioning can be done by Instructors on the Blackboard shell, click here to view the guide
3. Click Browse and select the Folder (Module) for which you want to enable the Assignment Folder
4. Once in the Folder, click the Folder Settings icon
5. Click the Create Assignment Folder link
6. A new Folder will appear underneath the Module Folder in the left hand side
Colleagues and student will now be able to select this Folder when recording but student recordings in the Assignment Folder remain private between the student and the Instructor(s)
The process for students follows.
1. Navigate to Panopto.dmu.ac.uk
2. Click the Sign In buttons
3. Log in using your usual Blackboard pnumber and password
4. Click Browse
5. Locate and click the Assignment Folder for the module you are submitting for
6. Ensure you are looking at the Assignment Folder
7. Click Create followed by Upload media
8. Click the grey box and browse for your video
Note: you may also drag and drop here
9. The system will upload your video – wait for the green bar to disappear
10. Close the smaller inner window
11. You will receive an email from DMU Replay – this is your digital receipt
Note: if you do not receive this email within 24 hours please contact ITMS to report a fault
12. Copy the View link onto your computer’s clipboard
13. Log in to Blackboard and go to the appropriate module shell
14. Locate and click the appropriate Video Presentation submission link
15. Paste the View link from the email into the Comments box and click Submit
16. Ensure you see the Success message in Blackboard to confirm your submission
Note: if you do not see the Success message contact ITMS to report a fault
17. The student has now uploaded and submitted.
If you wish to explore different ways in which DMU Replay may be able to help with innovation please contact your local ELT Project Officer